I found another Firefox “Remember Passwords” addon.. here’s the two that I know of that can work instead of, or in conjunction with, my patched omni.ja.
They run together fine, not sure if they redundantly overlap but I don’t care, whatever helps remember the damned passwords..
Just logging some of the interesting wireless-related CLI console commands available in AirOS version 4.
I’ll update the post as I discover more about them.
support – dumps support file to <output dir> <filename>
80211stats – some MAC layer stats like wep/encryption frames, auth/deauth frames (Add -a for another set of stats on the link to the AP)
“Build a man a fire, and he’ll be warm for a day. Set a man on fire, and he’ll be warm for the rest of his life.”
Terry Pratchett, apparently. Gold.
Got myself a Realtek 2832U a.k.a RTLSDR DVB Dongle a while ago.. got sick of list listening to police/fire/ambo’s etc (cool as that is) so now I’m after more!’
I’ll write up the local frequencies in use here when I get a chance, sadly there’s no simple ‘scanner’ application for these radios yet so it’s manual ‘scope staring to find signals.
There’s not a lot of FM voice around but heaps of chips and whistles all over the place.. that means data!
Aha.. something I can sniff..
Now this isn’t easy or commonly done, there are few complete codesets around that do anything like what I want. A shame I can’t code, but I’ll try and do what I can with what’s around.
Check the new post.. there's more info in it!
First, I don’t use Internet Explorer except in special cases (machines where I can’t/don’t want to install Firefox) and then I am very careful what sites I visit – and I make sure all extensions/plugins are disabled (especially that horrid Flash).
But sometimes I do use it, and here’s something I worked out for those times. Maybe it will help you if you decide to use IE. Which isn’t the best idea, you realize. Anyhow…
Google made their standard search more idiot-proof. This sucks because non-idiots can’t use advanced search tools anymore. While you can go to a new Verbatim search tool (left side panel of Google Search), it’s a pain to do every time. Internet Explorer’s search box uses this standard search. Microsoft has crappy search providers on their “IE Gallery” website, so that was no help. BTW Firefox has excellent ones available at MyCroft.. Including a Google Australia Verbatim search provider.
So, it was time to set Verbatim as default – now to work out how.
It was pretty easy actually. Here’s how I did it.
You set it up by regedit’ing it into your search provider. The location and method described is valid for IE8 at least, not sure about IE9.
Open regedit, browse to this key:
In the list of keys under that, find the Google entry (DisplayName=”Google”).
Edit (double-click) the URL value and put this at the end of the line:
Close IE and re-open it to load the new setting. Shiny! Now the Google search will default to Verbatim.